Friday, March 18, 2011

Friendships

I'm really enjoying studying Child Development & Learning this semester - thinking about the effects of nature and nurture (temperament, personality, family background...) on the way children develop, and all the interrelating social aspects.

I like to think of it as learning about what makes kids tick. It's very interesting!!

I read this today:

'Healthy friendships come in many forms. Some are brief liaisons, others last a lifetime. Some are relatively casual, others are deep and intimate.' Child Development & Education, McDevitt and Ormrod, p556

Reading about friendships has made me excited about the potential for future friendships, and it's made me reflect a bit on past friendships and how much I've appreciated the input of different friends at different points in my life.

I love that God created us to be relational beings - that He offers us the privilege of a relationship with Him, but also that He provides special people for us to share life with - some as 'brief liaisons' and others as friendships that 'last a lifetime'. He is an amazing God!!

No comments: