Monday, December 14, 2009

Blogging and Changing Focus

Realised that taking a break doesn't mean I need to completely stop blogging. I think another part of my reason for not continuing to blog was that it seems like such a one-sided process, at this point anyway... and I think sometimes it encourages my over-analytical mind and this can be unhelpful sometimes!

I guess some people may read and not leave a comment, I don't always write comments about the blogs I read... I'm still not sure I understand the whole blogging thing, it's like another world - I'm still unsure of the etiquette, of what's acceptable and what's not. But here I am blogging anyway...

It never ceases to amaze me how God's timing is so perfect in giving us the right message at just the right time. Tonight, I needed to hear that I should stop worrying about what people think of me and why they might not want me to be their friend, and instead start thinking about other people who might need a friend and trying to be a friend to them by just being the me God created me to be. I read this in my Chuck Swindoll daily devotion.

My focus should be God first, then others, not self first! Why is this so hard to get through my head?! It seems we're sent so many subtle messages that encourage us to put self first (as if we're not good enough at doing this already anyway!). So much wasted energy worrying about what others think of me!!!

No comments: