Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Music Refreshment

Today I listened to my iPod shuffle while I was cooking and cleaning. If only I'd discovered sooner how relaxing it is being able to listen to music on an iPod while you work around the house! I feel like my perspective was renewed a bit too as I listened to and sung along with some of my favourite worship songs, and Mary Mary's "What a Friend we have in Jesus". Some of the words from Mary Mary's "Can't give up now" particularly resonated with me:

"Nobody told me the road would be easy, and I don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me. Never said there wouldn't be trials, never said I wouldn't fall, never said that everything would go the way I want it to go. But when my back is against the wall, and I feel like all hope is gone, I'll just lift my head up to the sky and say help me to be strong. I know You didn't bring me out here to leave me lonely. Even when I can't see clearly I know that You are with me."

Yes, God is with me. What a promise! When I feel hope is lost, I'm forgetting the hope that God has given me for eternity, and that He is WITH me. What an awesome God.

No comments: