Friday, February 11, 2011

Handing over the wheel

Unless I hand over the wheel completely, I may as well say I don't trust God, that I don't believe He is in control of everything.

I love the way Elisabeth shares her heart and part of the journey God took her on in Passion & Purity. The caption on the cover stood out today, 'Learning to bring your love life under Christ's control'. Handing over the wheel.

Elisabeth quotes S D Gordon who describes waiting in his Quite Talks on Prayer:

'Steadfastness, that is holding on;
patience, that is holding back;
expectancy, that is holding the face up;
obedience, that is holding one's self in readiness to go or do;
listening, that is holding quiet and still so as to hear.'

She then writes, 'How long, Lord, must I wait? Never mind, child, Trust Me.'

Revel in me. Find your joy in me. Delight in me. Trust me.

No comments: