Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hoping in Him

Last week our Pastor preached on Psalm 23, and emphasised the end of the Psalm, 'Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life'. Part of me gets a bit skeptical when I read this - I think it could be interpreted to mean that everything will be easy and wonderful if I'm walking with God. I don't believe it means this at all, and our Pastor didn't imply that's what it meant either.

He highlighted that our God is a good, merciful God, and these character traits are what will remain the same. Because of who He is, I can put my hope fully in Him - I often don't, but I should. I love how David in Psalm 25 says that God is his Saviour, and his hope is in Him all day long.

Psalm 25:4-6 (New International Version, ©2010)

4 Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.

No comments: