Monday, May 30, 2011

He offers us His wisdom

The last sentence in the devotion I just posted a link to really rang true for me. Recently I've been grappling with an issue in my life which many Christians spend lots of time giving their opinions about. In my head I knew where I stood, but my heart wanted to convince me otherwise.

Thankfully God has placed wise people in my life who have been able to give me good advice. One reminded me of Proverbs 3:5-6, where God promises to guide our paths as we seek Him. The verses always make me think of a song we taught at Crusaders Winter Escape years ago. Anyway, it didn't happen as quickly as I would have liked, but God did make my path straight - He very clearly guided me as I kept coming to him, doubts, concerns, emotions and all. Here's the sentence from the InTouch devotion for today:

'God assumes responsibility for offering His children sought-after wisdom and enabling them to keep walking on the right path (Prov. 3:5-6).'

No comments: