Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Be STILL and know

"Be STILL and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

I've blogged about this a few times... I'm still so bad at doing it though. Another kick up the back-side today that I need to be still - to stop being anxious. The end of this verse in Psalm 46, says "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

That's the purpose of being still. To be reminded of God's purposes. HIS purposes. Of who HE is, and as a result who HE wants me to be. Just being still doesn't necessarily cut it.

I was planning on getting stuck into my uni stuff this afternoon but realised there are a couple of things that have fallen by the way-side this week that I need to sort out first, plus bringing in the washing, washing up, etc. As I've been doing all that, I've been reminded that God commands me to be STILL before Him. So hard in our instant society.

No comments: