Friday, February 5, 2010

What a promise

As I was broken again yesterday, I was reminded by various praying friends and my Dad and Mum that God's love for me is not dependent on my ability to hold on to Him, that there are times we have to hold on to the fact that amidst the darkness He is there holding on to us. As Max Lucado put it beautifully yesterday, "His love is absolutely nonnegotiable and nonreturnable. Ours is a faithful God."

WHEREVER we are, HIS strength will support us - that's what He promises in His Word. Psalm 139:7-10

When Jesus was dying on the cross for us, and darkness came over the whole land and the sun stopped shining, he said, "Father, into YOUR hands I commit my spirit." Then he breathed His last. But praise God that's not the end of the story. God raised Him from the dead three days later!

Yes, our God is faithful to His promises. HIS strength will support us.

No comments: