Thursday, April 15, 2010

One step at a time

I was speaking to an older friend this morning who reminded me of that verse, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

She highlighted the fact that the verse uses the word "lamp", implying that it lights up just far enough to enable you to safely take a step at a time. Unlike the head-lights on a car that light up the whole street ahead of you. Being a planner, I do prefer the thought of head-lights and being able to see at least a bit further into the distance. But, I also realise that our God is a good God, and a loving Father and His plans are best. His wisdom is beyond my understanding. When I look back over my life I'm glad He didn't show me too far down the track - not sure I would have been able to cope!

One step at a time... ouch.

No comments: