Friday, April 23, 2010

Broken Pieces

A few months ago I blogged about a song by Stephen Curtis Chapman called Beautiful Scars. On the way to get the shopping this morning I heard All The Broken Pieces by Matthew West playing. It's often played on 103.2 but I think this is the first time I really noticed the words.

Did you hear what I said?
Did you read the words I wrote down in red?
I was broken once for you
And no one loves you like I do

And that's the beauty of this grace
It can put the pieces back in place
And shine reflections of forgiveness
In a million different ways

So lift them up to Me
All the broken pieces
All the broken pieces of your life

'Cause I can take even your greatest mistake
Every scar, every tear, every break
And I can turn it into something
More beautiful than you have ever seen

So lift them up to Me
All the broken pieces

No comments: