Thursday, April 29, 2010

Prac

So I've been doing prac for three days now. Day one was exciting, day two was a bit more of a reality check - with lots of timetable changes, and things just feeling a little more chaotic generally - realising that you may not be able to (in fact probably won't be able to) achieve everything you set out to achieve... yes, I was probably idealistic. Day three was a good balance - seeing the reality and the challenges faced by teachers (particularly with a composite class and special needs child) but also seeing the privilege of seeing kids learn. I love it. Fortunate to have a great teacher and a great class.

It's been an excellent opportunity. Looking forward to teaching some lessons over the coming days too, now that I'm over the worst of my nerves!

No comments: