Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Study

So I really need to get stuck into my next assessment, but I'm procrastinating instead.

I loved it this morning when I was getting the girls ready for school and Sarah said she wanted me to be a teacher at her school. I'd explained to her, after she said she wanted to go the shops not to school, that I had to do my study so that I could be a teacher one day. When she asked if I could teach at her school, I said we'd have to ask God if He could work that out one day. Probably by the time she's at school she'll think differently about the idea!

I start my first prac soon, which I'm definitely nervous about, but really looking forward to as well. Thankfully it's an observation prac so I'll only be teaching a few lessons.

I'm really stumped for ideas for this assessment - I have to prepare a lesson about cultural diversity based on a picture book. There were about five books the lecturer had recommended, or you could choose your own, and when I went to Borders they had sold out of the one I was keen to use, so the helpful guy kept looking for all the books on my list, each time saying, 'nope, sold out of that one too'. Finally the last one was there, it's called 'Tom Tom' by Rosemary Sullivan and Dee Huxley. It's actually a good story, just that based on the synopsis of each thought I preferred some of the others. I do find it interesting how virtually all the books recommended are set in the Northern Territory or about aboriginals, and that this is classified as 'cultural diversity'. I can think of lots of other cultures in Australia too.

Anyway, time to get back into it... :-(

1 comment:

Tim Haynes said...

My mum taught me for at least one day for every year of my infants and primary school except year 6.

i think i liked having mum close, it actually came in handy once when i injured myself at school and needed to get stitches, but i did cop a bit of a ribbing from the boys. "Hey Tim, call her Mum." It was all pretty stupid.