Friday, July 23, 2010

Challenged

Sometimes I really dislike being challenged. It often requires me to take action, to make a change. I like 'doing', and taking action, but only when it's comfortable, or at least relatively comfortable. Being challenged is usually uncomfortable. But ultimately it's about growing and being transformed, and that's a good thing.

After pondering more on Sunday night's sermon, and other discussions recently in Bible Study, I decided I have been tempted to turn to the internet instead of to Jesus. I know this will sound very strange, but it really has been an issue for me. So I've removed my profile from some sites. I'm still thinking about the whole blogging thing and working through whether I should stop blogging altogether.

I've been challenged that I need to be relying completely on Jesus, not on anything or anyone else, and that includes the internet!!

No comments: