Monday, July 19, 2010

He makes it enough

As I lay in bed listening to Sarah cough and waiting for the next lot of panadol to kick in I was thinking about something else in last night's sermon, that Jesus takes even the smallest thing we have to offer and makes it enough. When it comes to just resting in Him and waiting for God to reveal the next step, I feel I don't have much to offer God... sometimes it seems like only a teeny-tiny amount of trust. But His grace is sufficient for me.

For the last few days the words of this song have often been playing in my head from 103.2: 'I'm giving it all back to You, this is my surrender'. Looked it up and it's a Steven Curtis Chapman song. Great words.

Does it all sound the same?
Are my words getting through?
I’ve been trying so hard
and I’m about to break
So here I am with all I have

And I’m giving it all back to You
All back to You
I surrender
Yeah, I’m giving it all back to You
All back to You
This is my surrender
Take it all

And what song can I sing
but the song that You give
I have nothing to bring
that did not come from Your hand
So here I am with all I have

All my plans and all my dreams
I’m giving it all to You
I lay it all down at Your feet
I’m Yours

So what song can I sing but this song?

No comments: