Monday, July 26, 2010

Organ donation

I've been thinking more about organ donation the last few days. I have yet another sinus infection, despite the recent surgery, and today discovered I also now have conjunctivitis and managed to pull a muscle in my neck (the doctor told me the name of it, but can't remember what it was called). I sound like a hypocondriac.

But got me thinking, lucky sinuses aren't an organ that could be donated to someone when I die - you'd probably be better off without sinuses than with mine. Maybe if you didn't get allergies they might be alright though. And not sure my right cornea would be much good, seeing as it's not actually mine, someone kindly donated it to me when they died - guessing it can't later be passed on again? Though it has been very good, especially compared to my own cornea that they had to remove a few years ago.

Not only am I keeping the doctor in business, but also the pharmacists - more antibiotics. Much as I hate them, sometimes they're a necessity.

'Life, it's nothing like the brochure'. I think it's a quote from 'As Good as it Gets' but can't remember for sure.

No comments: