Friday, November 5, 2010

Sharing life

This week has highlighted the great privilege it is to share life with friends - to be supported by some beautiful women of God.

I remember on a Vision Valley Camp with some of my best friends back in our school days, one of our leaders shared Hebrews 10:24-25 with us, about the importance of meeting together as God's people and encouraging and building each other up. This week I've seen the practical application of this verse as a number of friends have reached out to me, some without me having mentioned anything to them about what's happening in my life. An email from a good friend, a cuppa with another friend, a 'you've been on my heart' text message arriving at just the right time, and another cuppa with a great new friend who's been praying for me and the girls. I love the way God works!

It's so exciting being able to share life together, to talk about our struggles and our joys and to share what God's teaching us through all these, to think about how we can best serve Him with all He's given us, to pray for each other and to support each other so we can then reach out to others with God's love... to get into God's word together and think about it's practical application in our lives.

It occurred to me this afternoon how often we miss out on these opportunities because our lives are so busy. What a privilege to have friends, particularly friends who've been walking the journey of life a little longer, to spur us on in our walk with God. I think we need to pray for a willingness to invest in the lives of others, and for wisdom in juggling all the different priorities in life so we can make time to do this.

No comments: