Friday, August 20, 2010

He will guide me

Psalm 32:8-9

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.


Sounds ridiculous, but I read verse 9 several times, and wasn’t sure what the verse was getting at. Checked my NIV study bible cheat notes and here’s what it says, ‘God’s servant must be wiser than beasts, more open to God’s will then horses and mules are to the will of their masters.’

Though I know God’s plans are best, there are times I still struggle to accept His will. But reading verse 8 again, I’m filled with a sense of anticipation, that God will guide me and advise me… even though it may not be just yet!

No comments: