Monday, August 23, 2010

Interested in the journey

I had this book ready to give a friend, but at the last minute I changed my mind. It’s called ‘Boy Meets Girl’ by Joshua Harris (author of ‘I Kissed Dating Goodbye’). I came across it this week when we moved, and read a few bits again. Interesting what you pick up on when your life circumstances have changed and you have a different perspective. I also have a lot more questions reading it now at a different stage of life. It was a helpful reminder though that God’s using this tough stuff to grow me in Him and develop my character.

‘God is interested in the journey, not just the destination… God is in no rush. He wants to use this process, and all the questions and uncertainties it involves, to refine us, sanctify us and increase our faith.’ pp74-75

I want to get better at relaxing and enjoying the journey. I’m too eager to work out the destination and find the quickest route to get there.

No comments: