Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tired from the journey

Tonight this verse stood out to me as our Pastor was speaking about the story of the woman at the well:

'..,Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well...' John 4:6

It reminded me of God's heart for people - that even when Jesus was tired, He was still thinking about other people's needs. If I want to be like Jesus, I've got a mighty long way to go!! I'd love to have Jesus' heart for others and be able to still love and care for them despite my tiredness. At this point I just feel tired from the journey.

Today's been kind of a big day - sang both services, shared a bit this morning during the service, and we're preparing to move, probably this week. I think reflecting back over the last 19 months or so made me feel a little overwhelmed. God has been incredibly faithful, but His faithfulness doesn't erase the pain.

This morning's sermon was on Job - it was an excellent sermon. This is embarrassing to say, but I had never read/heard the ending of Job, and realised that there's a 'happy' ending. I thought Job just had a miserable life his whole life. I was excited to see God turned things around for him.

Oh yeah, and tonight it was great to chat more deeply with a few people after the service - one gave me a hug and just encouraged me, and another offered to pray with me. That's what the body of Christ should look like - people supporting other in life and pointing each other to God.

No comments: