Sunday, June 27, 2010

Commitment

This morning some friends had their little boys dedicated - they wanted to express publicly their commitment to teaching their little boys about Jesus and encouraging them to know Him personally, and to seek our support as their broader church family to support and help them as they do this.

I have no idea why, but as Sarah and I were heading back to the car, it suddenly dawned on me that commitment, or a lack of it, is one of the things that frustrates me most about this stage of life with little kids. It's so hard to be committed to things! There's usually someone who's sick, or needing to go to the toilet, or just unsettled...

Perhaps instead of worrying about my inability to be committed in the same way as I was before I had the girls, I should be realising that at this point in time my top priority and commitment is to my girls and their wellbeing. This morning also challenged me that I should be talking more about Jesus with the girls, reading Bible stories with them, and talking to God with them.

No comments: