Monday, June 21, 2010

The Three Second Rule

I wonder how many people were taught the three second rule when learning to drive? I'm not usually very good at expressing my anger - it tends to come out as tears rather than anger. But this morning, I was rather angry as I drove through Galston Gorge and the car behind either didn't know about (or didn't want to follow) the three second rule. It had been raining not long before so the road was fairly slippery. I ended up pulling over and tooting my horn - if I'd needed to break suddenly at any point she would most likely have crashed into me.

The girls and I had a big discussion about driving safely and leaving space between your car and the car in front. I was probably more cranky too because they're both not well and haven't been sleeping particularly well. It was worth the trip though, we visited my Aunty and her granddaughter. Perhaps it's the protective mother coming out too?

Drivers beware - don't ride my tail!!

No comments: