Friday, June 18, 2010

What's changed?

I can't figure out what's changed, apart from the obvious things. Ten years ago I had quite a few male friends - people to share life with and to laugh with, most of whom I had no 'attraction' to as such. But people whose friendship I really appreciated. So when asked whether a guy and a girl can just be friends, I previously thought they could.

But now I find myself in a different place. But I don't know why. I can't figure out what's changed.

Found a DVD on the table this morning that Lucy had pulled out of the cupboard. The girls at Hornsby Baps gave it to me with a box of goodies last year. 'How to lose a guy in 10 days.' I think I could add to her recommendations: share too much too soon, and try to rush ahead, don't be content with just getting to know each other and building a friendship.

No comments: