Monday, September 6, 2010

Yesterday

Last night I played keys at church for the first time in a few years. As the service began I was so nervous, haven’t been nervous like that in a while.

When I played at another church and at college a few years ago I was part of a big band and I usually just played (didn’t sing on a mic as there were plenty of singers), but last night it was just the leader on his guitar and singing, and me on piano and singing. I struggle to play fast songs so that was nerve-racking, especially without drums. To make matters worse, the lights at the front of the church had been turned off just before we started, so I could barely read the music. In the final song I had to drop out for a bit because I couldn’t read the chords at all... it was terrible. Maybe I need a magnifying glass next time I play?

Earlier in the day I enjoyed being part of another church service, catching up briefly with some old friends, and meeting a few friendly new people. Then had to rush off for father’s day stuff. It was a busy day, but sometimes busy days are good – there’s less time to think. Saying that, this morning’s devotion from 103.2 was titled, ‘Simply resting’. Hmmm.

No comments: