Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hiding His Word in our hearts

I've been thinking about something I read the other day by Charles Swindoll about 'discovering your life message'. I kind of didn't like it, as it made me a bit uncomfortable - I felt like there's a lot more honing yet to be done in my life and I think I'd rather not be honed any more. He suggests that God has a unique message for each of us that no one else can share, and that the key to discovering this is spending time alone with God.

Charles writes, 'Nothing can so train you for life like the time you spend alone with Jesus.'

Psalm 119 v10-11 says, 'I seek You will all my heart; do not let me stray from Your commands. I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.' I remember hearing an awesome kids talk on v11 a long time ago where Peggy told us of the importance of reading God's Word and hiding His Word in our hearts.

As I struggle with one of the life messages God seems to be building in me, and wonder how on earth I'm going to make it through, God reminds me that His grace is sufficient for me.

Yesterday morning I met a friend who I'm just starting to get to know, and she was talking about God giving us His grace for today, sufficient for our needs TODAY, not tomorrow, today. Tomorrow He will provide grace for that day too, but right now He gives His grace for the situation I am in right now. His grace is sufficient.

No comments: