Wednesday, October 6, 2010

That dreaded phone call

Why is that sometimes when I need to make a phone call, I just can't do it? Sheridan Voysey was keen for us to do a review of his latest book Open House 3 in the next edition of the magazine. It was interesting timing, because they'd written to us once before about the last volume and we didn't have space, but this time I was actually thinking of contacting him the same day he emailed, but I hadn't yet worked up the courage. After all, he speaks on the radio, I'm just Alison, a Mum and whatever else I am.

Anyhow, I was meant to call him yesterday or sometime this week and kept putting it off - I was nervous because I've never really officially interviewed anyone for the magazine, and he's on the radio. Having done a lot of the stuff I was aiming to do today earlier this afternoon I figured I should just bite the bullet and call him. He was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Phew. So my week that was looking rather chaotic, hasn't been as chaotic after all. Hooray! And now it's time for a cup of coffee.

No comments: