Sunday, May 23, 2010

At the foot of the cross

Tonight I asked the girls to choose another CD to put in the car - it's been a while since we've changed it. Lucy chose the album and we listened to it and sang along on the way to and from church. 'At the Foot of the Cross' was playing on the way home. I love it - think it's another one of those songs I've shed many tears listening to in the past.

But the song reminded me that it's all about Jesus - that at the foot of the cross where Jesus died for our sins, I can lay every burden down, that at the cross I am made complete. It flowed on well from tonight's sermon which made me think about what I blogged about yesterday, and reminded me that without Jesus all the best intentions in the world mean nothing. They're pointless without Jesus.

Jesus is our only hope. In His death and resurrection I have new life, only because of Him. Because of God's grace and His mercy. Nothing more, nothing less. What an amazing God we have.

No comments: