Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Want to take a photo for a magazine?

Don't get too excited though...

The theme for the next edition of Together in Ministry Magazine (which goes out to NSW & ACT Baptist Churches) is 'Under the Shadow of Your Wings'. Thought I'd see if anyone has any pictures, or would like to take a picture to submit as a possibility for our cover shot (you'd have till mid June to send it in).

Here's the article that would go with the pic.

Under the Shadow of Your Wings

‘Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me. I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past.’ Psalm 57:1 NLT

I’ve been holding on to this verse the last few months. When the storm has felt particularly violent, it’s been so comforting to know that I can hide beneath the shadow of God’s wings, that He protects me.

There are a number of Psalms and songs that speak about hiding under God’s wings. One by Reuben Morgan talks about our souls finding rest in Christ alone, and about knowing His power in quietness and trust. The NIV version of this verse says, ‘in You my soul takes refuge’. Peace amidst the storm as we quietly trust Him. A troubled soul finds rest in Christ alone.

Under the shadow if His wings. Safe. Warm. Protected. He is good. He is faithful. He is all-powerful. He is mighty. He is Sovereign. He alone deserves all honour and glory.

No doubt you can think of someone who is going through a violent storm at the moment – it may even be you. It’s at these times that we learn most that our God is faithful, that He is there just waiting to hide us under the shadow of His wings.

No comments: