Monday, May 17, 2010

A few of my favourite things

Why is it that when something breaks or needs to be replaced it's often one of your favourite things? The last few weeks I've had to replace a few of my favourite things.

One was a mug that mum gave me for my birthday last year. It fell of the bench and smashed. Another was my hairdryer which just died on me (though it's not one of my 'favourite' things, but it serves a practical purpose and I've probably had it for over 10 years - it shouldn't ever need to be replaced! :-) Another was one of my favourite pairs of shoes - they were so comfortable. The other day I realised the soles were falling off.

So for my birthday, Mum gave me a new mug which I love even more than the last one. My brother and sister-in-law gave me a new hairdryer which is heaps better than my last one. And I bought some new shoes with birthday money and vouchers.

The saddest part was having to throw my old favourites away.

No comments: