Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Warning: The link in this post may be confronting

We should have been given a similar warning before Bible Study tonight - though Bible Study should be confronting, at least sometimes. It should also help us learn more about God, about His character, and about what He says to us through the Bible, and from that point of view it should also encourage us... To know that God knows us so intimately yet still loves us and gave His son's life for us. Our study tonight did encourage me too.

We looked at Psalm 139. We spent about 15 minutes quietly reflecting on v23-24. Ouch. I found it confronting, but confronting in a good way. I needed to sit still long enough to let God speak to me, as a friend said we too often make ourselves busy and therefore don't spend much quiet time with God.

But actions speak louder than words. Unless I do something about what I learnt tonight, it was pointless. Guess this is where accountability is important.

Even more important is knowing that wherever we go, God is there (v7-9) and He will guide us (v10).

No comments: