Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

This afternoon I had a great chat with my sister-in-law, pondering about life. The best part was when she prayed with me - it's great being able to pray together. One of the things we discussed is fear, and how often for me this drives my passiveness - it prevents me from being assertive.

We talked about the importance of seeing ourselves the way God sees us, as Psalm 139 says, "fearfully and wonderfully made" by God Himself!! But that so often we instead worry about what others will think of us, and want their approval.

I've just finished editing my first edition of the magazine, and I'm a bit worried about the feedback I might receive from some people. It's subjective so no doubt some people won't be happy with what's written. But I guess the key is being confident that I have done what I've done to seek to glorify God, and in realising that, it doesn't matter what other people think, what God thinks should be what matters to me, I should be seeking to please Him and Him alone.

Lord, help me to know who I am in You, to be confident in that. To know that I am Your creation and I am fearfully and wonderfully made... yes, I'm still a work in the making, lots more moulding yet to be done, but I'm Your work in the making, You're my Potter. Help me to stop worrying about what other people think and get on with serving You and You alone. As that kids song says, "I just thank You Father for making me Me".

No comments: