Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lucy's Lion

Lucy has a lion that she takes to bed with her every night - he's her best friend.  

I took the girls for a drive tonight as they were having troubles going to sleep and of course Lucy had to bring lion and hold him close.  If she's feeling unwell or upset she usually heads straight for lion and carries him around with her.  It's very cute.

But as I was driving tonight I thought about Lucy and her lion, and thought why don't I depend on God like that?  Why is that when I'm worried or scared or frustrated I prefer to just complain and get upset, when God's right there waiting for me to turn to Him and find rest in Him.

My Great Aunty wrote Psalm 62:8 on a little note she gave me a few months back.  It says, "Trust in Him at all times ye people, pour out your heart before Him:  God is a refuge for us.  Selah".  That He is, a Refuge.

Thank you God, that You are my Refuge.  Help me to depend on You and treasure my relationship with You like Lucy does her lion.  Help me to talk to You in the everydayness of life.

No comments: