Monday, September 14, 2009

His Heart Beat

Yesterday's message at Church was about the new life we are offered through Jesus. It was a great message, really encouraging.

The Pastor spoke about heart transplants - where someone has donated their heart so another person can have a new chance at life - and how in a similar way Jesus gave up His life so that we could have a new chance at life. He said it much better than I've written it though.

I think the transplant idea really struck a chord with me because I had a corneal transplant a few years ago, just before I fell pregnant with Sarah. And this has given me a second chance in terms of the vision in one of my eyes. So I'm really grateful to whoever it was that donated their cornea! But more than that, I'm grateful to Jesus for the new life He's given me.

He also suggested that once we have accepted Jesus as our Lord, we have Jesus' own heart beating inside of us (spiritually speaking). So our actions and thoughts will be driven and directed by His heart living in us. What an amazing thought! I am still baffled as to why the God of this universe would choose to give His only Son's life so that we could know Him and He could live in us?!?!?! What a concept?! There was a great verse he quoted about this which I didn't write down so of course have forgotten, think it might be in Corinthians.

As one struggling with life some days (today being one of them!) it's great to be reminded that Jesus offers new life... that in Him I do have hope... that in Him I have new-found freedom... that I can look forward to eternity with Him.

No comments: