Monday, September 28, 2009

Peace

Last night's sermon was on Romans 8, "Life through the Spirit". It's interesting how God speaks to each one of us individually, in different ways (by His Spirit). Though it wasn't really discussed as part of the message (that I recall anyway), the verse that stood out for me, was: "the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace" (v6b). My NLT says, "But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace".

Peace... God assuring me He is in control, that I can trust Him completely. God assuring me He is walking with me every step of the way. God assuring me if I put my hand in His, He will faithfully lead me and show me each step of His plan when I need to take it. God calling me to rest in His arms, to let His Spirit control my life and fill me with His peace. To relax in that.

Seems that I'm not always surrendering to God and allowing His Spirit to control my mind though, otherwise I'd constantly feel this peace, but often I don't... I'm good at worrying. But in the Bible God tells me not to worry. And He tells me that He offers life and peace through His Holy Spirit.

Peace. Life through the Spirit is a life full of peace.

No comments: