Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little mouse on a treadmill

The girls loooove going to the pet shop. They could spend hours looking at the animals, especially the fish. I'm surprised the pet shop haven't started charging us an entry fee!

This morning they giggled away as they watched the little mouse on the treadmill, running, running, running, as fast as his little legs could go... he nearly fell off at the beginning (must have been his first time), but he got the hang of it pretty quickly. He got tired pretty quickly too and had to hop off for a break.

Sometimes the treadmill of life is pretty exhausting... doesn't take long before I feel like I need a break, but often it's not as simple for us as it is for the little mouse - we can't always just hop off the treadmill whenever we feel like it... I can't stop being a Mum because I'm too tired!

But the second verse I'm looking at about God's character reminds me that God will sustain me in life. It's from Isaiah 53:4.

"I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

Perhaps another one of the reasons I'm scared about the future is that I'm scared I might not be able to make it to the end, that it'll be too hard and I'll be too exhausted... But GOD will sustain me.

I don't need to be scared - yes the journey will at times be exhausting and I might want to get off the treadmill, but God will sustain me... He will carry me... He will rescue me.

No comments: