Saturday, September 5, 2009

This is MY tantrum!

One afternoon last week, both the girls had a couple of tantrums... it was one of those difficult days! While Sarah was in the middle of another tantrum, I said, "Alright, I think it's Mummy's turn to have a tantrum now...", but Sarah yelled, "No Mummy, you're NOT having a tantrum. This is MY tantrum!!!"

I have no idea why, but I was thinking about that as I was taking the girls for a drive tonight. I was thinking how sometimes it's almost like we say to God, "This is MY life". There are times when I wonder what on earth God is doing with my life. I want to know why things have happened the way they have... after all, it is MY life. Or is it? It's actually the life that God has given me. HE is the one who created me.

Psalm 139 is one of my favourite Psalms and talks about God "knitting me together in my mother's womb" and planning all the days of my life before I was even born. Yeah, this is the life GOD's given me. I guess I can spend my days trying to figure everything out, or I can spend my days surrendering to God, seeking His guidance and trusting Him.

As tempting as it is to try and take the reigns, and to say, "This is MY life", I need to let go and trust God and His plan for my life. After all this is the life that HE has given me, He is the Potter... I'm just the clay.

No comments: