Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Special Treat

Today I went and had lunch in a cafe (I guess you'd call it that?) by myself. It's a new chicken and salad place near the florist near Woolworths at Westfield. I highly recommend the food there. I bought a small seafood salad and small chips, not realising how big the serves would be, so ended up bringing some salad home. I saw the burgers they made after I'd placed my order - they looked yummy too.

It's interesting how your views on certain things can change over time - I used to think it was so embarrassing going to a restaurant all alone. I remember going to Melbourne for work a few years ago and ordering room service because I was too embarrassed to eat on my own in the restaurant. I didn't want to sit there all by myself.

But now, it's kind of a treat to be able to eat on my own... to not have to worry about anyone else, to make sure they're eating, that they're not throwing food on the floor or spilling their drink... to not have to scoff my food down while trying to encourage them to stay still for a little longer while I finish my food... to not have to clean up and be embarrassed by the mess covering our table and everything within a one kilometer radius of it...

So, even though part of me still doesn't like the 'loneliness' factor of eating by yourself, I enjoyed my lunch. It was peaceful.

No comments: