Thursday, September 17, 2009

Odd


As I was reversing the car up our driveway, I saw this in the rear-vision mirror. I assumed the car was just pulling in and would park further down the road. But as I got out, I realised it was definitely stationary. I walked towards it to see if the driver was sitting in the vehicle... no sign of them anywhere. Then I decided I had to take a picture. I couldn't believe they parked there - how ridiculous! Especially considering there were hundreds of metres of free parking space directly in front of the car! Maybe they think the law states that you can park up to a metre over the driveway (rather than from it)? They were then parked for at least an hour and a half. They were fortunate I was only reversing half way up the driveway so we (I) could wash it!

While I'm thinking of odd things, this morning I found a recipe for anzac cookies on the back of some oats I'd bought at Aldis. It says to use 113 grams of butter. Surely it's a typo - even some of my friends who are quite pedantic cooks (compared to me who measures fairly roughly) wouldn't measure 3 grams!! Or would you? Please tell me you wouldn't!!

No comments: