Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Heart over Head

As our Pastor so kindly reminded me this morning, I have a tendency to let my heart rule my head. He can get away with telling me the truth, even if it hurts, because he has an eye patch - who'd mess with him? But he's also walked with me, and many others, through many years of tough stuff... so I know he says what he does because he cares and wants me to keep growing in my walk with God.

I guess it's true. I often let my heart rule my head - it's the "F" in me (Myers-Briggs). Especially, when I'm stressed I tend to make decisions based on my feelings, rather than the facts. Very dangerous, sometimes anyway.

Maybe that's why I love reading about David in the Bible and reading the Psalms, because he was described as a man after God's own heart. He was a passionate man. He was passionate about His faithful God, and doing His will.

What's that saying, "Your greatest strength can also be your greatest weakness"? Very true.

David's heart was completely sold out to God, yeah he was human, but ultimately He wanted to do what God wanted Him to do. That's the kind of heart I want.

No comments: