Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just pondering about nothing much

I've had one of those morning's just observing stuff - nothing particularly profound, but stuff I find interesting, even if no-one else does. There's so much to ponder in life.

Our cat's funny - he's quite scared of the wind, and just generally a bit on edge, poor thing, must have had a troubled child-hood. This morning he jumped when the toast popped out of the toaster. Then he tried to attack the shadow of my fingers on the wall as I was opening a jar of peaches for Lucy. He's a fraidy-cat, but the girls and I love him.

Then I had to go to the Doctor... people often say it's helpful to remember that there's usually someone who's worse off than you, and in this particular instance I agree, not that it made me feel that much better about it. I often wonder why anyone would want to be a doctor. I guess all jobs have their down-sides. Could write some more about my experience at the Drs, but some things are better left unsaid.

On the way home I saw a post-man walking (not on a motor-bike). Maybe he's trying to get fit? I was wondering whether he would deliver our mail all the way down the bottom of the hill and was thinking that was pretty impressive, but as I got to the top of the hill I saw another post-man on his motor-bike - thought it'd be a looooong walk for a post-man.

No comments: