Thursday, October 1, 2009

Surrender

Yesterday my mentor read a challenge to me, asking what areas of my life I'm not surrendering to God. Didn't take long to figure it out, at least the biggest area.

The future.

Surrender - an act of willing submission, a relinquishment of control. Submitting my future to the arms of a loving, faithful God, who created me, who knew me before I was born, who knows my deepest desires and dreams, who created the world and everything in it, who is all-knowing and wise.

But I'm also realising that surrender isn't just a one-off decision, it's something I must do on an ongoing basis. Every time I'm tempted to worry, I need to surrender, to willingly submit to God. As I was reflecting the other day, I need to surrender to the Holy Spirit, to allow Him to control my mind, and then I will have a peace about the future! It's my choice - worry, or have God's peace. It's a tough one...

No comments: