Monday, October 12, 2009

Becoming the Mum God wants me to be

So I've decided it's time to take action and do something practical to help the girls (and more so myself!!) to learn to thank God more, and to think about other people and their needs more.

Sometimes we thank God for Panda, our cat, and occasionally I'll ask Sarah what else we can thank God for, and she'll list off lots of people and things that she loves and wants to thank God for. But I have to confess that I definitely don't thank God for the little things as often as I should. So I want to be more intentional about this.

Tomorrow I'm going to ask the girls to think of something special they'd like to thank God for, and someone they think we should pray for, and I'll contribute my own ideas to the list. I'll write them down in a little diary so we can look back at them sometimes. Hopefully this will help me to think beyond my own circumstances!

This will be my first step in becoming the Mum God wants me to be. I've got a looooong way to go!

No comments: