Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The desires of your heart

Psalm 37
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Was talking to Mum earlier today, and she reminded me that God knows our heart's desires. So I wanted to take another look at this verse in Psalms.

I don't think it means God will give me everything I want - as my loving Father, He knows that sometimes what I ask for and want is not what's best for me.

The verse before talks about trusting the Lord, then the start of this verse tells me to "delight" in the Lord. Then, as a result of delighting in Him, it says He will give me the desires of my heart. Maybe this also means that as I delight myself in Him He will shape my heart's desires, that His desires for me will become my desires?

No comments: