Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Father's Song

I've been listening to a song by Matt Redman that I'm guessing is based on that great verse in Zephaniah 3:17:

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."


Today's been a really tough day, lots of tears... for no particular reason, but found comfort hearing this song, and that brought on lots of tears. Yes, God is with me!! How often I forget though, so how often I need to be reminded!

Here are the words to "The Father's Song":

I have heard so many songs
Listened to a thousand tongues
But there is one
That sounds above them all

The Father's song
The Father's love
You sung it over me
and for eternity, it's written on my heart

Heaven's perfect melody
The Creator's symphony
You are singing over me
The Father's song
Heaven's perfect mystery
The king of love has sent for me
And now you're singing over me
The Father's song

No comments: