Friday, October 30, 2009

God is in no rush

So I've decided I'm a very poor listener. What goes in one ear is too quick to go out the other.

Last night I read over some quotes I'd highlighted in one of Joshua Harris' books a few weeks back, "God is interested in the journey, not just the destination... God is in no rush. he wants to use this process, and all the questions and uncertainties it involves, to refine us, sanctify us, and increase our faith."

I still have that urge to run through the fire! It's too uncomfortable, and uncertain! But as Joshua writes, God wants to use this process to increase my faith and trust in Him, to refine me. I know I shouldn't say this, but I think I'm sick of being refined!!

So to all my friends who read this, I'd love you to remind me to be patient and wait for God's timing, to remind me that He is in no rush, and that His plan is best.

No comments: