Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Full of surprises?

My Grandma always used to tell me that God is full of surprises. This afternoon as I was driving I got a nice surprise. I had just been thinking through some of the tough stuff in life and this song came on the radio asking almost the exact questions I was thinking through, and then going on to say, from the perspective of God, "I'm with You". I didn't get to hear who it was by or what it was called unfortunately, but it was a nice 'surprise' to be reminded again of God's promise to be with me. You'd think I'd remember that by now!!

In terms of the future, I don't know what God's got planned, but I think tonight He's been wanting me to remember to trust Him. This is when I really started thinking back to what Grandma used to say about God being full of surprises.

In my Chuck Swindoll devotion I was reminded that, "God is not known for doing standard things. He is engaged in doing very distinct things. When a person does something, it has the man or woman look about it. It drips with the humanity. You can follow the logic of it and see the meaning behind it... God doesn't build skyscrapers, men build skyscrapers. And they all have the touch of genius, human genius. But you cannot find a man who can make a star. And when God steps in, His working is like the difference between a skyscraper and a star".

Then in God Calling, "Bow as a child bows, in anticipation of a glad surprise being prepared for it by one who loves it. Bow in such a way, just waiting to hear the loving word to raise your head, and see the glory and joy and wonder of your surprise."

God is full of surprises? He does things differently to us. His ways are beyond our comprehension, but we know that He is a faithful God who provides for our needs, so we can trust Him!

No comments: