Friday, August 7, 2009

Beyond my understanding

Lots of things are beyond my understanding, but probably the greatest is the way that God works and why things in my life have happened the way they have.

Proverbs 20:24 says, "A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?" (NIV) or in the New Living Translation, "How can we understand the road we travel? It is the Lord who directs our steps."

I still don't understand how God's will and plan fits in with the freedom he gives us to choose, and I'm guessing I never will with my limited human understanding. But I do know that I can completely trust God and that maybe I need to relax in that a little more, rather than being so worried about figuring it all out. As Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight."

Lord, guide my steps and help me to relax and trust You as You guide me, to stop being so worried about figuring it all out.

No comments: