Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thanking God Together

Today Sarah reminded me the importance of simply saying "thanks to God", and doing it together. As we were about to drive off in the car, she said, "Mummy, let's thank God together". Not sure whether it was because she and Lucy were both eating an apple, and we usually "thank God together" before we eat. But whatever the reason, it was a great reminder.

Even when we experience tough situations, God is close beside us. I found that as we thanked God together, I felt a peace that God was and is in control and that He is good... that yeah life is tough, but God is close beside me. That in Him I have everything I need. That He alone renews my strength.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honour to His name. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me..." Psalm 23


Thank You Father God for my two beautiful girls. Thanks that even at two and a half Sarah can be a great example to me. Thanks for her reminder to thank You together. Help us to do that more often!

No comments: