Friday, August 21, 2009

Hope

Tonight I was sitting on the lounge reading "I Love You Through and Through" and a few Mr Men and Little Miss stories with Sarah (her favourite books). She had another day sleep today, which means her batteries were fully recharged, and she's still chatting now (almost 10pm)!! I wish my batteries could be recharged as quickly as hers!

We heard a knock at the door, and as I opened it I heard a baby, and wondered who on earth it would be at that time of night, unscheduled... standing at the door was a group of girls from Hornsby Baptist Church Youth Group and Charlotte (Jo and Aaron's little bub), who'd come down with a bunch of flowers and a gift box full of goodies for the girls and I. The best part was a note with their names and a message:

"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord. "They are plans for a future and a hope. In these days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11-13


I cried as Sarah and I opened the box and saw all the effort they'd gone to. I experienced God's hope anew. My mentor was sharing with me about hope this morning, and a picture that George Frederick Watts painted of a blind-folded woman playing a lyre with every string broken, but one... the painting is titled "hope", even though to many the picture looks rather hope-less, the woman had hope because of that one string.

Hope. God knows the plans He has for me. His plans are far better than any than I could ever imagine... though that doesn't mean that things will be easy... but His plans are for a future and and a HOPE.


Father God, thank You for renewed hope. Thank You for friends who extend Your love and remind me of Your promises... tonight's being the promise of hope.

No comments: