Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dirty Cat!

The girls are both sick. I am too, but the kitchen floor really needed to be cleaned tonight... it's been more than a week since I last cleaned it and that's a really long time with two toddlers, especially Lucy who is a particularly messy eater, and a cat! When I pulled out the mop head I was thinking how foul the smell of cat wee is, then took a quick whiff of the mop head and nearly vomited.

I got Panda a new litter tray last week that's like a house - it has a 'roof' and little door so he can go inside and do his business. But he wasn't very keen on the idea. The next day I found a poo under the ironing board, which wasn't too painful to clean up. But I didn't discover his wee till tonight - he'd obviously decided my cleaning bag with the mop head, duster, etc. was a great spot to go to the toilet (about a week ago!). I'm surprised no-one has commented when they've visited us, our house must wreak!! Needless to say I've given the floor, and my cleaning bag, a thorough clean now. The refreshing smell of Pine-o-clean will forevermore be associated with the stench of cat wee - lovely.

This morning I met the little girl I'll be mentoring as part of the Kids Hope program. We got to spend an hour reading together and sharing a bit about our families and stuff. I enjoyed it and she seemed to as well.

Now I'm sitting here really tired, looking forward to watching "Mad About You" at 9.30pm, even though that's usually around my bed-time of late, but it was one of my favourite shows and I'm enjoying seeing it again (even though I probably should go to bed now to try and get better). I'm also missing Mum and Dad, missing chatting to Mum especially. But I'm grateful to God for so many other friends and family who have been a huge support to the girls and I. But no-one can take the place of your Mum, or your Dad.

2 comments:

numberchic said...

that's so sweet that you miss your parents!

and what a nasty cat for weeing in your cleaning stuff. we had cats once that used to squat in the litter tray but their bums would hang over the side. they weren't very intelligent! we don't even have a litter tray for our cat now - he goes outside and asks to be let out!

Alison said...

Gross! How long did it take to train your cat to go outside?

I'm keen to get him to do that longer term but thought I should still have the litter tray in case he's busting one night, and till he gets used to the idea. Mum said our cat never had a litter tray, that he'd hold till the morning - love to have bladder control like that. I guess male cats haven't had babies so that probably helps!