Sunday, August 16, 2009

Strength Like No Other

It's so great that Mum and Dad are back after a whole month overseas. I really missed them, even at 28!! They have been the most amazing support.

I was hoping to get to Church with the girls tonight, but Sarah's still not well, so I was thinking we'd have to stay home. But Mum said she'd look after them so I could go to Church - even with little sleep and after lots of traveling over the last few days she still wanted to help, she's such an amazing Mum!

Tonight was a time of God just ministering to me. Through communion God reminded me that His own Son asked, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" That He knew pain and suffering, He experienced it Himself. I was also reminded that because of Jesus I can now sing, "You are my Strength, Strength like no other reaches to me". Tonight was also a night of feeling past hurts and struggling with some deep questions, questions that I needed to bring to God, to lay at His feet, and to remember that He is truly my Strength.


Father thank You that You understand pain and suffering, that You sent Jesus so I can know You... so that my sins can be forgiven... so that I can be given new life... so that I can know that You are my Strength. Take my pain and hurt, and in my weakness, be my Strength.

No comments: